OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE - CORONAVIRUS
If you suspect you have coronavirus:
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SURGERY
Please stay at home and phone the surgery for advice
Do not use public transport or taxis
Do not go to work, school or public places
Do not just present yourself to any GP surgery or hospital without seeking advice first
The staff in the surgery DO NOT HAVE any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for dealing with a COVID-19 patient and we are unable to perform testing for the virus.
Why Can I Not Come to the Practice?
WE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE CORONAVIRUS
- Coronavirus is classed as an 'airborne high consequence infectious disease'
- On January 31, 2020, WHO declared coronavirus as a 'public health emergency of international concern
- On February 10, 2020, the British government declared coronavirus a 'serious and imminent threat to public health
- On March 3, 2020, NHS England declared coronavirus a level 4 incident - the highest level of emergency preparedness plannin
- GP surgeries are not properly equipped to handle such cases as you will need specialist testing and care
- We do not have any personal protective equipment required to deal with a suspected case of Coronavirus COVID-19
- By turning up at surgery, you risk the surgery being placed into a state of lockdown and you will be putting yourself and others at risk. This cannot be stressed enough
- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH US
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SURGERY